Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By mchlrv
#80673 Since a few months I've been playing with an Adafruit Huzzah for reading temperature in my room. However since the sensor (DHT22) and the Huzzah are both in a small box, the temperature of the Huzzah influences the DHT22. To solve this thought it was good idea to put the ESP8266 in deep sleep for 5 minutes.

According to the documentation I needed to connect RST and GPIO16. This didn't worked for a long time (few minutes). After reading this forum I found several possible solutions (stated below) but none of them worked.

- 470 ohm resistor between RST en GPIO16. This worked for a few weeks but after a while it stopped working.
- 1K ohm resistor between RST en GPIO16. This worked for a few weeks but after a while it stopped working.
- 1K ohm resistor between RST en GPIO16 and a 10K resistor between VCC and RST (pull up). This doe not seem to work at all.

All three options are not a permanent solution and after a while (sometimes 1 cycle, sometimes for days or weeks) the output is a as shown below and the red LED is dimmed.

Code: Select allGoing into deep sleep
rll⸮⸮|⸮l⸮| ⸮ l⸮ b|⸮⸮⸮⸮r⸮bl⸮b⸮⸮nn⸮lnn⸮⸮⸮ bp⸮⸮lrlrl⸮r⸮n⸮b⸮nbp⸮

Does anyone know how to solve this since it is now unreliable.
By mchlrv
schufti wrote:that is not related to the hardware but to a faulty statement at line 42* of your code

*42 is allways the answer

Although you're correct about 42 being the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. This unfortunately doesn't help me with this problem.