Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By pete_l
#12253 Personally, I would never try to flash a board until I know I can communicate with it. Otherwise you cannot tell whether anything is happening.
I tried to watch your video but all I got was a clip of some guy driving a car :cry:
Let's assume that you have the "normal" 8266 board with 8 pins on one end and a printed circuit aerial (antenna) on the other.
Here's how I have mine wired to an Arduino Uno. It works successfully.

The breakout board contains 8 pins. Viewed from the top (where the printed aerial is) with the printed aerial at the bottom of the board, the pins are:

RxD * * +3.3V
n/c * * Reset (pull low to reset, floats high)
n/c * * Chip select (must be pulled high)
0v * * TxD

In addition, I have found that a 100uF capacitor across the supply lines (+3,3v - 0v -- be careful to wire it with the negative symbol on the capacitor to 0v) helps with the high current draw when the device transmits from its radio. Otherwise the devices I have just locked up with a "busy ..." message.

The device uses a Baud rate of 115200 Bd.
You MUST have a wire from the Chip select pin to +3.3V otherwise the board won't talk to anything. You MUST power the board from 3.3Volts - not from 5V. For now, connect the power pin to the 3.3V output on your Arduino Uno.
Next, connect the 8266 Tx pin to the Arduino RX pin and the 8266 Rx pin to the Arduino TX pin. Connect the Arduino Uno to your PC with a USB cable - some lights on the Arduino board will turn red and you will see a red light on the 8266 board.

Open the Arduino IDE application and use the Tools menu to select wich USB port the Arduino is connected to (it should tell you) and then open the Serial Monitor window from the IDE Tools menu. Select 115200 Baud and also "both NL and CR" line endings in the bottom option. Now type some stuff into the top window. Every time you type something and click Send, there should be a blue light flash on the 8266 board.
Type AT and then click Send. You should get a reply from the 8266 of "OK".

After that, you're on your own. :D
By Space
#12255 Hi again,

Well I have flash it with an Arduino but it was a bit hard.

I use my Arduino as a bridge to interconnect the Serial Port and my ESP8266.

It works fine.

Thanks for your help. Good Day