Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Sepperle4711
#87674 hi,
i read several posts, but i cant get arduino work with my ESP-12E-Testboard.

i download the arduino ide and add the following line in the configuration
https://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/pack ... index.json
i install the boards and try differnt models. But i always get the same error Messages.
I use a dsd Tech usb converter as COM3 in Windows.
i just want a simple sketch

esptool.py v2.8
Serial port COM3
Connecting........_____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____.....____Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.7.1/tools/upload.py", line 65, in <module>
esptool.main(cmdline)
File "C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.1/tools/esptool\esptool.py", line 2890, in main
esp.connect(args.before)
File "C:/Users/xxx/AppData/Local/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.1/tools/esptool\esptool.py", line 483, in connect
raise FatalError('Failed to connect to %s: %s' % (self.CHIP_NAME, last_error))
esptool.FatalError: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out waiting for packet header
esptool.FatalError: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out waiting for packet header

could someone help ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By schufti
#87700 since we do not know how you conected your usb-serial converter it is hard to figure ...
but most likely (only gnd, Rx and Tx) the selected reset method will not work.
(in general the selected board does not seem right, it definitely is no espino)
Did you follow the correct sequence to get into upload/flash mode?
By Bonzo
#87701 dsd Tech usb converter - a USB > TTL? Are there any instructions where you brought the board or have you searched for the board part number?

You will probably need to pull some pins high or low when uploading but the board may already do that?
From memory the pins are GPIO0, 2 and 15

There have been some posts about which pins that need to be pulled up or down in the last few months as well as the esp wiki mentioned. You will need to search and find them as I do not have a direct link without searching myself.
By nick.cl
#91794 That boar that is attached looks like a self made one but if you go to the Adafruit page.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-huz ... rduino-ide
follow the upload procedure
1 Hold down the GPIO0 button, the red LED will be lit
2 While holding down GPIO0, click the RESET button
3 Release RESET, then release GPIO0
4 When you release the RESET button, the red LED will be lit dimly, this means it's ready to bootload
in your case you will need to short a few traces to make this happen then it will let you load your data.