Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By QuickFix
nick.cl wrote:That boar that is attached looks like a self made one

It actually isn't: it's one of the very first development boards and the exact same board I started with.
It predates (if I'm not mistaken) the NodeMCU's/Wemos' of today; it has a 3AA battery box attached and must be connected using TTL serial.

This means that an external USB-TTL convertor is needed, but if I recall correctly the labeling on these boards are incorrect and you need to connect the pin labeled "TXD" to the TX of your convertor and "RXD" to RX of your convertor (instead of the more logical TX to RX and RX to TX).

After that it indeed is setting the board in Arduino to "Generic ESP8266", put a jumper over the 2-pin connector and insert the batteries (the board is now set into flash-mode): now you can press the "Upload"-button in Arduino to program the board.
After upload is finished, remove the jumper again (to get it into "Run"-mode) and remove and reseat the batteries for a reset.

Instead of constantly resetting the board by removing/reseating the batteries, you can also take a Dupont lead (with a switch) between the "GND" and "REST" pins to perform a reset :idea: