Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By megs
#90759 Hi there,

I am an electronic engineer and i am doing a hardware and software to read moisture soil level.

I've started to use a board that have "HW-625" label. In the begin i was able to connect in my WiFi Access Point without any problem.

Some time later the board stopped to connect in my WiFi Network.

I have another board named "L0L1n" and this another board didn't connect too.

I tried to use the boards like a Access Point and this mode work fine. I connected with my cell phone.

I tried some other softwares that didn't work too.

I don't know what's going on. Can anybody help me?

I am using Arduino IDE version 1.8.13 with this settings: URLs "http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json" and Board "NodeMCU 1.0 (EPS-12E Module)".

Thanks a lot,
By QuickFix
#90777 The HW-625 board also seems to be a NodeMCU (clone) according to Google.

Please note the word "Clone" in my sentence above: there are a lot of them and they are not created equal. :idea:
By megs
#90779 Hi There,

I don't know what i did, but now i can connect to my WiFi, again.

I know that WiFi is complicated. There are many factors that could prejudice the connection quality.

But i have no problem with some others hardware in the same WiFi.

Is the ESP8266 more inefficient then another hardware?

I would to know too what is the difference between the ESP-12E and ESP8266Mod.

Thanks a lot,
By QuickFix
#90794 As far as I know (but in the world of Chinese semiconductors anything goes) an ESP8266MOD is just an ESP-12E with another name.

They should both function (and could be used) the same, the only possible difference being the flash memory used.
There were some problems in the past with modules that used Puya flash chips instead of Winbond and you have to handle those a bit different while programming.

But for the rest that should be it and ESP's *should* be interchangeable.