Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Stoney
Alex P wrote:Yes, deepsleep turns off everything except for the RTC, so if you are unlucky to have bought an ESP-1 without the gpio16 and reset you are sh*t out of luck on that front my friend. However, you might want to look into wifi sleep modes - light sleep and modem sleep.

Its fairly easy to solder a jumper between pin 8 of the chip and the reset line as it is on one corner of the chip, modded all my esp01's to use deep sleep with no hassles.

FWIW .. the standard LED draws only about 600uA.
I am yet to get current much under 1mA though even with the LED disconnected, not sure why yet. I must check the GPIO states, I thought they disables outputs, might just be current through one of the pull up/downs ..
By tytower
#24850 Stoney, When usung deepSleep() do you see the blue LED on at all ? . It does stay on for half the sleep time dimly on ESP-12's .So being the same chip perhaps wait until 20 seconds say before reset boots it up again and measure current then?

If you can discover why that LED is even on I would like to know as the device still chews batteries even with deep sleep
By Stoney
#24868 Hmm, my blue LED is off in deep sleep. At least so far as I know. Are you disconnecting it from the serial programmer ?

I have not done anything with low power for a while, been playing with NRF radio chips like a traitor to the ESP cause for the last few weeks.
I do want to revisit this though shortly as I am hoping to make a standalone ESP module rain gauge that needs to wake on interrupts basically so I will get that power saving eventually.