Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By gwizz
#7461 There was a great episode of the Amp Hour with the Electric Imp guy http://www.theamphour.com/202-an-interview-with-brandon-harris-impish-internet-iamatology/, where he talked about the delays inherent in waking up, getting wifi connectivity, sending data somewhere, then sleep.
His useful comment for the tl:dl generation is that the DHCP stage is actually one of the most tedious bits.

The implications are that maybe you can do 'real' DHCP once, never issue a DHCP release, and then after that use static with the remembered details you can save a lot of time and therefore battery life. Or even do a bit of guesswork and pick an address off the dhcp range but still within local network subnet so you never have to worry about getting conflicts etc.

Most routers I've encountered seem to have a fairly predictable set of, say, 100 addresses within the 192.168.1.x subnet for example, like 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.199. If I saw a DHCP offer like 192.168.1.104 - I would try getting that address then pinging 192.168.1.221 - if it doesn't respond then jump to that IP as a static config.

HTH

G
By chadouming
#8555 Hey, I tried to modify your code to upload data through a TCP connection. I removed a lot of the code to make it smaller. It works just fine when uploading to an arduino UNO. However, when i upload it to my atTiny85, it just doesnt work. I have tuned my atTiny, and when using a serial to adapter, i can see the command being sent to the esp8266. It goes fine till the AT+CIPSEND command.

It goes like :
AT+RST
ATE0
AT+CWJAP?
AT+CWMODE=3
AT+CWJAP="SSID(replaced for securitY)","PASS"

AT+CIPMUX=0
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","SERVER IP",80
AT+CIPSEND=64

and it stop right there. Serial seems to be working has lights are flashing (On my adapter.). Any idea what might be wrong in my code ?
By Freeglider
#26781 Hi, I'm trying to get your code working since several weeks. I'm using an Attiny85 and an ESP8266 both running at 3.3 volts.
If I use an Arduino Micro with the ESP8266 it works perfectly. But with the Attiny85 it doesn't.
I've used different Attiny85s and tried 1 and 8 MHz internal and 8 Mhz external (with capacitors course).

When I look at the ESP8266s blinking blue LED it seems he does everything well and connects to the network. I believe the Attiny85 doesn't receive the ESP8266s responses.

Do you have any ideas what the problem could be? Thank you very much.