Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By dynek
martinayotte wrote:I suggest even a bigger capacitor, such as 470uF, if they are 6.3V or 10V they are still small size.

Got it! I ordered few capacitors today from dx so I'll have to wait a bit before giving it a shot.

Thank you!
By dynek
#29482 OK! 470uF in place and except for one restart/mesure, it wen't smooth during 37 hours and sent the info I need every hour! Great stuff. Thank you guys!
Also, both program and reset pins were set high.

Now I have to figure what went wrong after ~37h cause the red LED stopped being as shiny as usual and I had to manually power off and on the device to have it run the code again.
By dynek
martinayotte wrote:I suggest even a bigger capacitor, such as 470uF, if they are 6.3V or 10V they are still small size.

I need both 5v and 3.3v so I'm using:
- a 230V to 10V AC Adaptor (1.2A)
- a Mini DC 7~28V to DC 5V Step-Down Converter Power Supply Module 2.5A (5V not used yet)
- a 5V To 3.3V DC-DC Step-Down Power Supply Buck Module AMS1117 800MA
- on the 5V ramp I put the 470uF capacitor

Sometimes when I plug in the 230V->10V AC Adaptor the red LED on the ESP is not as shiny as usual and nothing seems to be running (I can see the blue LED blink few times quickly).

Does it look like it's missing current ? Any way to "fix" that ?

Thank you for your help!
By trendchaster
dynek wrote:

I need both 5v and 3.3v so I'm using:
- a 230V to 10V AC Adaptor (1.2A)
- a Mini DC 7~28V to DC 5V Step-Down Converter Power Supply Module 2.5A (5V not used yet)
- a 5V To 3.3V DC-DC Step-Down Power Supply Buck Module AMS1117 800MA
- on the 5V ramp I put the 470uF capacitor

Sometimes when I plug in the 230V->10V AC Adaptor the red LED on the ESP is not as shiny as usual and nothing seems to be running (I can see the blue LED blink few times quickly).

Does it look like it's missing current ? Any way to "fix" that ?

Thank you for your help!

Hello
Can provide the circuit diagram of connection between esp and 470uf cap