Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By DeNB3rt
ohgary wrote:Are you at the correct baud rate? Can you see the "ready" message when you power the unit on?

Hi ohgary,

yes, when I disconnect/reconnect the device, I directly receive a message on 9600baud:
Code: Select all[Vendor:www.ai-thinker.com Version:0.9.2.4]

ready
By DeNB3rt
Michaelo wrote:
this-works.jpg

So this is working perfectly for you, no data loss? Did you flash the ESP?
Mine is running the default software; 0.9.2.4
By boff
#4747 Hi all,
Initially, I had problems getting some of the sketches to respond to my module. I realised after a lot of head scratching the the response to AT+RST was "Ready" not "ready"!
Check by connecting the module directly to a serial port and type in the commands. Not all of the AT commands give the responses shown in the data sheet. They seem to vary between firmware releases.
By Michaelo
DeNB3rt wrote:So this is working perfectly for you, no data loss? Did you flash the ESP?
Mine is running the default software; 0.9.2.4

I tested with 9.0.0, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 (I flashed the 9.0.2 version)...

I've been running a version of the Weather Code (http://zeflo.com/2014/esp8266-weather-display/) on a few devices for several weeks without problems...
It's not very taxing code so as to data loss, I have no idea if packets are dropped from time to time but I doubt it...

Strangely enough I was in the process of designing some type of meter to validate signal strength / loss of data... :mrgreen: