Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By AmineSmiri
#41874 Hey,

So I'm building a system for measuring temperature and humidity. For that purpose I'm using ESP12-E and DHT21. I got the whole thing working perfectly. Then I tried the deep_sleep mode. I succeeded in getting the ESP12-E waking up again and taking measurements. However, when measuring current consumed during deep sleep (using two methods : Digilent's Analog Discovery and a multimeter VC130), the value I got was higher than what I expected.

According to the datasheet, the current consumption should be 10µA during deep sleep; I'm getting 6mA.

Have anyone encountered this before. Is the current consumption during deep sleep for ESP12-E that much different from ESP8266?
By Skedaddles
#42757 We're having a similar problem on our design. We're getting 140uA in deep sleep on a WROOM-02 module, which is also listed as 10uA in deep sleep. We even see this current when we turn off the enable pin; in that state it is only supposed to be using 5uA. We're concerned that the default pin state in the power-down mode might have them sinking small currents from the our LEDs or some other component on our board (normally our LED pins are active-low outputs and the LEDs are pulled high to 3.3v). Unfortunately, I can't find any solid information about how these pins behave when in deep sleep or chip disabled states.

Did you ever figure out where your current was going?

--Sid
By big819
AmineSmiri wrote:Hey,

So I'm building a system for measuring temperature and humidity. For that purpose I'm using ESP12-E and DHT21. I got the whole thing working perfectly. Then I tried the deep_sleep mode. I succeeded in getting the ESP12-E waking up again and taking measurements. However, when measuring current consumed during deep sleep (using two methods : Digilent's Analog Discovery and a multimeter VC130), the value I got was higher than what I expected.

According to the datasheet, the current consumption should be 10µA during deep sleep; I'm getting 6mA.

Have anyone encountered this before. Is the current consumption during deep sleep for ESP12-E that much different from ESP8266?

how are you able to get it off deep sleep mode with external sensor? did you use the sensor input directly?
By AmineSmiri
big819 wrote:how are you able to get it off deep sleep mode with external sensor? did you use the sensor input directly?

The sensor did not take part in the wake-up process. The data wire was on GPIO14. So I just got the chip off deep sleep mode by wiring GPIO16 and RST.

I tried powering it from the chip, but the error rate was high, since GPIO are at 3.3V and the sensor works tipically at 5V. So I powered the sensor externally.