Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Necromant
tinhead wrote:aha, and how you handling then the configuration for the SoC once spi flash wiped out?

Nope. I just used that to reproduce endless exceptions/reboots on my modules. Once wiped, blobs will write ap configuration into thelast few KiBs of flash no matter what. actually, each time you configure AP or join a network - blobs write thatdata to SPI flash. With password in plain text (Doh!).
By pirlouwi
#2469 Hello guys,
(I am new in this forum, and I even did not received my ESP yet (China Post to Europe takes a long time), so I am more in a collect of information phase right now.)

Concerning this thread: I would like to fully understand what changes are in this Frankenstein firmware, compared with the stock one?
Is it still possible to command the ESP with AT commands? (to master it using an Arduino for example), or is it completely different approach?
By Necromant
#2475 Okay, folks. There goes yet another small, but useful update of this Frankenstein firmware.
Change log may not be big in terms of new commands, but quite feature packed:
  • spi_wipe now really wipes 100% of the flash. Tested
  • spi_dump now prints proper adresses, no garbage. Still expects decimal numbers
  • All code relocated to lower 256KiB, leaving all the rest but the last 8KiB (occupied by configuration of blobs) for env and OTA updates.
  • espconn code merged and is now even working.
  • New command: listen. It will listen for incoming connections on an arbitary port, making this firmware at least somewhat useful.

Please note, that you now have to flash 2nd binary to a different adress 0x9000 instead of 0x40000.
Hopefully TCP send and OTA updates (without their horrible libupgrade) will be implemented this week.