Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Necromant
martinayotte wrote:Hi Necromant,
Why this is now require a different address ?

The layout in irom SDK suggested leaved a few big gaps, that were hard work with. That sucked.
Now the firmware's layout is organised in way that everything fits in the lower 256K of flash, leaving just one huge chunk of free flash before wireless config data, used by blobs. That's easier to work with and easier to understand. As side effect .irom0.text can now be extended to occupy up to ~450K (if you sacrifice OTA updates and you can ever code THAT much).
By alonewolfx2
#2505 listen function alittle buggy. firstly it cant stop, second it cant comunicate with android app. i tried 3 apps. apps connect and i am getting connect on serial but i cant recieve data. i tried sockettest3 on windows and it can connect and recieve data.
By Necromant
alonewolfx2 wrote:listen function alittle buggy. firstly it cant stop, second it cant comunicate with android app. i tried 3 apps. apps connect and i am getting connect on serial but i cant recieve data. i tried sockettest3 on windows and it can connect and recieve data.

Yep. Turns out espconn_disconnect/espconn_delete can't properly terminate once a server started listening (sic!). For testing - use netcat, e.g.

Code: Select allecho hello | nc 192.168.1.234 8080

Line break terminates connection.