Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By brucehvn
peteben wrote:By default, the chip has a weird baud rate, 74880. Try that and see if it works.

Pete

Tried that with blinky and still garbage coming out, but according to the next post, blinky and iot don't have any interaction, so maybe it's normal. Thanks.
By brucehvn
villTech wrote:iot and blinky sample will not respond to AT command and no "ready" msg on power up.

easiest way to compile the samples is to use espressif lubuntu vm.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better that I'm probably seeing the right thing. Hmm, wonder how you are supposed to configure the networking and such for the iot demo if there is no interaction.

I'm not having any trouble compiling anything now. The AT_Demo seemed to have a problem with the latest SDK, but it compiles fine on 0.9.3, so I'll flash that one and see what happens. Thanks for the response.
By brucehvn
#5927 The AT demo was flashed and works. It has the 115,200 baud setting, but I'm able to interact with it. So, when building our own applications on top of the built in stuff, we need to incorporate the AT code somehow as well? Or I guess we can just start with the AT code and build on that maybe.