Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By mamalala
#772 Hi,

updated the esptool, that is, i cleaned up the command parsing. Also, it is quiet by default now, to enable some info output add -v to it's commandline argument. For more info-output use -vv, -vvv, -vvvv, ... The command -d to dump a segment into a file is deprecated noe, use -es instead. It still recognizes -d, but emits a warning then.

Also modified the Makefile for compiling apps, it now shows "FW ...." when calling esptool to create the firmware images, and also to change the -d into -ds for esptool dumping the irom0 segment.

NOTE: The Makefile uses "esptool" as name for the binary to call. Make sure you don't have a directory called "esptool" where you store the "esptool.exe" binary, it will confuse the make process and cause an error.

Attached are the updated files.

esptool-0.0.2.zip

Makefile_AT_0.9.1.zip

Makefile_IOT_0.9.1.zip

Greetings,

Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By cnlohr
#959 I got sick of waiting for GCC :-/ and got moving with the stuff I've found on the forums here, and I'm getting the following error; Any idea what could cause it?

echo "LD build/esp8266_at.out"
LD build/esp8266_at.out
xt-xcc -LC:/sdk/lib -TC:/sdk/ld/eagle.app.v6.ld -nostdlib -Wl,--no-check-sections -u call_user_start -Wl,-static -Wl,--start-group -lc -lgcc -lhal -lphy -lnet80211 -llwip -lwpa -lmain build/esp8266_at_app.a -Wl,--end-group -o build/esp8266_at.out

C:/sdk/lib\libmain.a(app_main.o): In function `wdt_init':
(.irom0.text+0x34c): undefined reference to `user_init'
(.irom0.text+0x42e): undefined reference to `user_init'
By mamalala
cnlohr wrote:C:/sdk/lib\libmain.a(app_main.o): In function `wdt_init':
(.irom0.text+0x34c): undefined reference to `user_init'
(.irom0.text+0x42e): undefined reference to `user_init'

It looks like you are missing the user_main.c in the compile process, since that is the file which contains the user_init() function. Did you move areound the files correctly to the new directory structure suitable for the new makefile?

Greetings,

Chris