Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Hack
#8915 Hello everyone,
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes... I'm very new to Eclipse and I've never been good with makefiles.

I've followed this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=820&p=4639#p4639

I'm able to compile the Espressif samples without issue, using the build options that are visible in the interface (Make Target view in Eclipse).

I've downloaded the esp_mqtt project (https://github.com/tuanpmt/esp_mqtt), imported it via the 'Import->Filesystem' option, and am trying to 'build' it using the same interface. I don't see any build options like I do with the examples.

I went through this process about a month ago and I DID have these options, but I wiped my laptop and lost that install/config. I'm not sure if I'm importing wrong (I thought the last time I did it I imported with the "Existing Projects into Workspace" option, but it doesn't seem to find anything to import when I try that now), or if the developer changed something in the way they built the project.

I've tried adding make objects but they just give me errors.

Can someone please take pitty on me and help me figure out what I've done wrong?

-Daniel
By kenn
#8948 I can't remember exactly, but I believe I took one of the working make files from the examples (let's call it A), compared it with the make file from esp_mqtt (file B), made some tweaks to A, tried it, fixed up any errors... and then I remember to copy this make file when updating the eclipse environment.

I also didn't have luck with the flash part at the end of the make, but I like flashing separately anyway. I use esptool.py, driven by a .bat file. Works every time.