Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Fadi
#4082 I was also unable to measure the current in deep sleep mode.

Looking at getting my self a "uCurrent Gold", but those are out of stock at the moment.
By gurucafe
gurucafe wrote:
fasmide wrote:I have an old fluke and a cheap uni-t and none of them are able to measure the current usage in sleep mode - i did remove the red LED to minimize the sleep current..

Im running mine from a Pololu U1V11A stepup with two AA batteries. Wakes up every 5 minuttes, takes a reading from a dht22 sensor and posts results to a webservice. Until i find something that can measure it - time will have to tell how long it runs on these two batteries.

EDIT: code at https://github.com/fasmide/esp_dht22

Anyways, looking at https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki ... e_versions - it seems there is no versions with both the rst and GPIO16 breaked out?

Hi,

Could you please let me know, how long it runs with 2 AA batteries in your case?

BTW, could you please also push latest code (if any) to Github? Thank you.

Have a nice weekend!

--
gurucafe

Hi everyone,

I'd like to post my experiment in deep sleep mode, it's drawing about 35uA @ 3.3V (I thought still high for battery powered device) I've found ESP8266 datasheet claim it should be <10uA in deep sleep mode. I guess 25uA maybe drawing by SPI Flash memory (this value is relative to its stand-by current)? Please let me know if anyone can confirm this. If yes, is there possible to power down SPI Flash memory (will drawing about 1uA) before going to deep sleep mode, finally it should drawing just about 10uA?

Feel free to share your experience if anyone achieve lower power consumption with ESP8266. Thank you.
By zdebel
#4444 Those SPI flash memories have a deep power down command, a D9h opcode. Because the code reading code (bah) is in the blobs, maybe espressif could add support for that in the power down function? I suppose one could manually transfer the power down command to the flash memory, but once ESP8266 woke up, it could not read from it because it'll be in deep sleep waiting for the wakeup op.