Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Fadi
#2321 to my understanding, after a deep sleep, the rtc wakes up the mcu by pulling EXT_RSTB (Pin#32) LOW. and you start all over again as if it was a hard-reset.
of course this was contributed by costaud here:
http://bbs.espressif.com/viewtopic.php? ... &p=106#p96

I wish there was more information for us to go on.. like will I be able to check a certain flag to know this startup was after a loong deep sleep or was from a power -reset...etc.!
By fasmide
#2389 Awesome thanks for sharing :) i have a 002 module and it needed some hacking to get the rst and gpio16 connected but now it wakes just fine :)

I think ill go for the esp-003's next time...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by fasmide on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Fadi
#2392 What is really strange is the fact that you can't (to my knowledge) make that connection internally via registers.

Meaning, why not configure the chip to make that connection internally without having to physically solder the two pins together.
this keeps your options better I believe, switching modes on the fly :)
By alonewolfx2
#2394 Edit: thank you for your picture. sleepmode working for me now :)

Edit2: the module waking up pullup gpio16 and rst to gnd.

fasmide wrote:Awesome thanks for sharing :) i have a 002 module and it needed some hacking to get the rst and gpio16 connected but now it wakes just fine :)

I think ill go for the esp-003's next time...