Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By jcmvbkbc
mikelelere wrote:the solution was including the -mno-text-section-literals

Looks like assembler bug. It deals well with call8 to external symbols, but somehow fails for call0. I'll take a look.
By zarya
jcmvbkbc wrote:Looks like assembler bug. It deals well with call8 to external symbols, but somehow fails for call0. I'll take a look.

i am not sure what in the code triggers this, the at example is not affected.
By jcmvbkbc
zarya wrote:
jcmvbkbc wrote:Looks like assembler bug. It deals well with call8 to external symbols, but somehow fails for call0. I'll take a look.

i am not sure what in the code triggers this, the at example is not affected.

If you'd like to find out for sure please share at least the full compiler command line.
By Squonk
#1178 I have the issue when compiling dumbcraft's "dumbutils.c" from https://github.com/cnlohr/dumbcraft8266

Here is my full (not edited) command line:
Code: Select allCC user/dumbutils.c
/home/mstempin/devel/crosstool-NG/builds/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc -Iinclude -Idriver -Iuser -Idriver/include -Iuser/include -I/home/mstempin/devel/ESP8266_SDK/lx106_linux/lx106/xtensa-elf/include -I"/home/mstempin/devel/espressif_iot_esp8266_development_kit_20140929/ESP8266 SDK AT FlashDownloadTool/esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.2"/include -I"/home/mstempin/devel/espressif_iot_esp8266_development_kit_20140929/ESP8266 SDK AT FlashDownloadTool/esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.2"/include/json -Os -g -O2 -Wpointer-arith -Wundef -Werror -Wl,-EL -fno-inline-functions -nostdlib -mlongcalls -mtext-section-literals  -D__ets__ -DICACHE_FLASH  -c user/dumbutils.c -o build/user/dumbutils.o
/tmp/ccA64CS7.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccA64CS7.s:30: Error: literal pool location required for text-section-literals; specify with .literal_position
make: *** [build/user/dumbutils.o] Erreur 1

Here is the preprocessed ("-E") corresponding file: it is rather short:
dumbutils.c

This is using your latest crosstoll-NG from github.

Hope it helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.