Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By Freeck
#23547 I am very much interested using a debugger. I can hardly imagine developing software without a proper debugging environment. The available options you mention in your original post are, as far as I know, not 100% out of the box and ready for use, except the Extensa compiler kit combined with a jtag-device. but I assume that option cost a lot of money......?
I was pleasantly suprised with the development of an OpenOcd solution, but I do not see much progress unfortunately....
So yes, I am waiting for a real ready to use solution.....
By MrZANE
#23601 Definitely interested as I normally develop for the STM32 with some very nice debug tools (i-systems). I can't be of any assistance in coding the GDB stuff other then testing though. I do hope you continue your effort with the debugger, it would be very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Jimmy
By DavidDPD
#23880 Very much interested. Even just a subset, and non-interactive. Even something that would require insert some code to trace things, return stack and heap states, etc. Have an odd issue right now I'm trying to track down, and pretty sure its a code issue.