Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By zz9pa
#3361 If you're adding bits :)

Linked from that onewire library is :
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_IRremote.html

Is there any chance of getting something like that included ? (if you're taking requests!)

(One of my goals for playing with the esp8266 is to get some IR proxying over the internet working -ie. receive IR on one board - relay it, and fire it out of another)
By scargill
#3372 Not my call but I'm thinking that the proposed transparent serial <--> TCP/IP link, assuming the setup could happen at powerup (ie saved in Flash) could facilitate a whole host of transfers.. ok in this case you'd need a £3 Arduino clone to turn the signal into something resembling normal serial text..... and one at the other end.. another way would be if it were possible to put a load of empty stubs into C code modules so that users could add in their own user functions without having to understand who the whole WIFI firmware works. For now, personally I'll settle for getting serial--tcp/ip working ultra reliably. That surely is the gateway to everything else.
By Necromant
zz9pa wrote:If you're adding bits :)

Is there any chance of getting something like that included ? (if you're taking requests!)

(One of my goals for playing with the esp8266 is to get some IR proxying over the internet working -ie. receive IR on one board - relay it, and fire it out of another)

If you implement it yourself and send a pull-request - I'll gladly merge.
I've still got a huge todo list for frankenstein.

Namely, console subsystem needs refactoring. When done right we'll be able to use telnet to connect to frankenstein shell instead of only uart. Afterwards - UART/TCP bridge mode. Will be pretty simple to implement, after refactoring's done. Next will properly be either embedded lua (if nodemcu guys won't open up, which I doubt they will. Not being open screws up pretty much the whoe idea of their firmware. Weird folk.) or mysql-client, which was my original plan for frankenstein. I wanted a way to just run mysql queries on a database via uart.
By scargill
#3425 For my money, embedding LUA would be WAY more useful than mySQL.. but then - Telnet and the Bridge make that board into something useable - the rest is icing.

Necromant wrote:
zz9pa wrote:If you're adding bits :)

If you implement it yourself and send a pull-request - I'll gladly merge.
I've still got a huge todo list for frankenstein.

Namely, console subsystem needs refactoring. When done right we'll be able to use telnet to connect to frankenstein shell instead of only uart. Afterwards - UART/TCP bridge mode. Will be pretty simple to implement, after refactoring's done. Next will properly be either embedded lua (if nodemcu guys won't open up, which I doubt they will. Not being open screws up pretty much the whoe idea of their firmware. Weird folk.) or mysql-client, which was my original plan for frankenstein. I wanted a way to just run mysql queries on a database via uart.