Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By scargill
#2555 This is going to sound dumb... loaded latest code.. don't understand the purpose of this lot..

blackblade > reset

And when I try to connect to my router, though iwscan sees it, It's not connecting

iwmode STA
iwconfig east-wing 1921681266

This should work - doesnt' - and doesn't seem to give any error.. just again what I assume are some kind of control characters (I'm using the Arduino serial monitor on PC)

blackblade > iwconnect east-wing 1921681974
By Necromant
zz9pa wrote:Hi,
trying to compile this on the VM with the current 'git' code and I'm getting :

/home/esp8266/esp8266-frankenstein/antares/make/Makefile.build:8: /home/esp8266/esp8266-frankenstein/src/espconn//Makefile: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/home/esp8266/esp8266-frankenstein/src/espconn//Makefile'.
make[2]: Failed to remake makefile `/home/esp8266/esp8266-frankenstein/src/espconn//Makefile'.

Any ideas ?

(There is a netapps directory in git - which seems to include some espconn* files ?)

Hold on, I'll try to finally clean up the makefile and buildsystem this evening.
It's not very trivial or documented to setup it right now.
By Necromant
scargill wrote:This is going to sound dumb... loaded latest code.. don't understand the purpose of this lot..

blackblade > reset

And when I try to connect to my router, though iwscan sees it, It's not connecting

iwmode STA
iwconfig east-wing 1921681266

This should work - doesnt' - and doesn't seem to give any error.. just again what I assume are some kind of control characters (I'm using the Arduino serial monitor on PC)

blackblade >

Code: Select alliwmode STA
iwconnect east-wing 1921681266

After - see ifconfig output to check that you're connected
If you prefer static ip configuration instead of dhcp:

Code: Select allsetenv sta-mode static
setenv sta-ip 192.168.0.1
setenv sta-netmask 255.255.255.0
setenv sta-gw 192.168.0.8
saveenv
reset

to revert back to dhcp: