Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By erl
#2951 Thanks for your great work, and I hope you get better soon.

I'm trying to add my own command to Mr. Stein, but I'm having problems.

It seems that adding one more command to the Makefile causes junk characters after reboot. Is there a limit somewhere to the number of commands? I can't see it. Removing another command causes things to work again.
By Necromant
Allex wrote:After the last update I can not connect with STA (iwconnect). And with list (iwscan) hangs. Only hard reset helps. Can someone confirm this.

I can confirm this myself. It happens when you update the firmware, but don't do a hard-reset. Looks like a regression, but I'm not yet sure where that insect came from.
By Necromant
erl wrote:Thanks for your great work, and I hope you get better soon.

I'm trying to add my own command to Mr. Stein, but I'm having problems.

It seems that adding one more command to the Makefile causes junk characters after reboot. Is there a limit somewhere to the number of commands? I can't see it. Removing another command causes things to work again.

There's no limit on the number of commands, but there's a hardcoded limit for the data+rodata currently. Try the latest frankenstein master and antares experimental branch - they have some more space allocated for that. I will be adding proper sanity checks and calculations for it soon.