Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By flyingboulet
#3161 Hi,

I've added COMMON_LDFLAGS="-L/opt/Espressif/esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.2/lib/" to the top Makefile, it makes ld find most of the libs...
But still /opt/Espressif/crosstool-NG/builds/xtensa-lx106-elf/lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lpp

In fact, no libpp in 0.9.2 libs... There's one in 0.9.3. Is Antares to be build against 0.9.3?

Vincent

My system is a native 64 bits archlinux...
By Necromant
#3162 You need standalone SDK, sorry I had to enforce that for the sake of simplicity for now.
Code: Select allmake STANDALONE=y

'Standalone' build places all libraries and headers into the toolchain itself, so you need no additional magic.

What exactly is Antares and how does it relate to Franekstein?

Antares is my buildsystem+library code I use for all embedded projects. Since kconfig/menuconfig requires a plenty of makefile magic to use properly, so I made antares in a way so that I can reuse it for every project with zero effort.
For frankenstein it only provides (for now) menuconfig/nconfig targets and a few library code snipplets from there.

I've added a README.hacking to the repo with detailed instructions on setting up build environment. I should've done that it in the first place, sorry. Hope it helps.
By erl
#3192 Thanks for your help, it works for me again now.

I've written some code to add a command to read a DS18B20 one wire thermometer to Frankenstein. If you're interested in adding it to Frankenstein, I've submitted it as a pull request.

I have not fixed the integration into the configuration system, so I just submitted the new cmd_ds18b20.c file. It's a bit hacky, but works for me.
By flyingboulet
#3198 OK, my problem was I was unable to build esp-open-sdk because of this bug: https://sourceware.org/ml/crossgcc/2014 ... 00013.html
I don't know why it built with ubuntu but not with arch...
Beside this, crosstool-NG alone, from branch 'lx106' of git://github.com/jcmvbkbc/crosstool-NG built.
So, I removed (commented out) the first statement in the crosstool-config-overrides file:

#CT_STATIC_TOOLCHAIN=y
CT_LIBC_NEWLIB_ENABLE_TARGET_OPTSPACE=y

and the whole open sdk built...

After that, antares/esp8266-frankenstein built flawlessly.

Vincent