Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By kenn
#5752 Thank-you CHERTS for providing this Windows build environment and the very good instructions. I followed the instructions carefully (except for Eclipse, because I already have eclipse on this pc)... and everything installed easily. 8-)

The first project I tried to compile was the esp_iot_rtos_sdk, and I also had the problem with the missing "xtensa/xtruntime.h", but I added the xtensa files as described by amatron... and now it compiles! (so, thanks to you too amatron!). I was also able to load and compile the at_v0.20_on_SDKv0.9.4 project as well.

I'm away from my ESP8266 boards, but I will try out the compiled bins in a few days.

Happy Holidays to All, and thanks again for helping us get a working build environment on Windows. :D
By FeK9
alonewolfx2 wrote:can we use make htmlflash in esphttp example?

GDay alonewolfx2

I to have the same problem... :(

I went the Cygwin way...
---------
cd mkespfsimage
Makefile
./Makefile
--------
Then used the cli of
"$ find | ../mkespfsimage > ../webpages.espfs"
to the 'heatshrink' the web folders.

But a curious little problem that has cropped up. If I size of the webpages.espfs is
128KB (131 072 bytes) or less, my mods to demo page are working. But if the
webpages.espfs demo file is larger, say 131 076 bytes in size or more it crash's
the little board (the serial port push's out junk) and every thing needs to be re-flashed again.

To my question what is the largest webpages.espfs you've created under your Linux VM...?