Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By chrisf
pvvx wrote:
samehhady wrote:Hi Cherts,

Thank you so much for this great tool, can you please add the new open source Lua NodeLua?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=929

It looks very promising!

Extract files ‘NodeLuaMake.zip’ – folder NodeLua
Files nodemcu - folder nodemcu-firmware-master
Eclipse:
File->Import->General->Existing Project into Workspace->Next->Browse… folder NodeLua, Check ‘Copy projects into workspace’, Finish.
Select progect ‘NodeLua’ -> Import->File System->Next->From … nodemcu-firmware-master, Into folder: ‘nodelua’. Check all files, Uncheck ‘Makefile’ into right panel. Finish.
Compile…

With the latest version of Nnodemcu-firmware-master I get the following error:
Code: Select allc:/espressif/xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: .output/eagle/debug/image/eagle.app.v6.out section `.text' will not fit in region `iram1_0_seg'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Please help.
By ihouses
#6579 Hello all,

First of all thanks so much for all this great job that you are doing, definetly I will support with some paypal donation.

I followed all the steps and I can compile the hello world without problem :) Now I want to program the board, I see that using the IDE the serial port is fix "COM2" but I am using com6 for my USB to serial converter.
How can I change the serial port?

Looking at the schematic for connecting the board to the USB to serial converter I see that GPIO5 and GPIO0 are needed, but in my board there are only GPIO2 and GPIO0. Is it OK connect GPIO2 instead of GPIO5?

Thanks!
By alonewolfx2
ihouses wrote:Hello all,

First of all thanks so much for all this great job that you are doing, definetly I will support with some paypal donation.

I followed all the steps and I can compile the hello world without problem :) Now I want to program the board, I see that using the IDE the serial port is fix "COM2" but I am using com6 for my USB to serial converter.
How can I change the serial port?

Looking at the schematic for connecting the board to the USB to serial converter I see that GPIO5 and GPIO0 are needed, but in my board there are only GPIO2 and GPIO0. Is it OK connect GPIO2 instead of GPIO5?

Thanks!

you can change com port in makefile and gpio05 is rst on esp01
By ihouses
#6706 Hello,

I am conecting RTS from my usb to serial converter to the reset pin in the ESP-01 board. I noticed that RTS is always 0 by default so when is connected with the serial terminal is not working. On the other hand I noticed that when I try to flash the device using the IDE this line changes. I connected DTR with the GPIO0 as well but when I flash I still get "Exception: Failed to connect", I guess that I am going something wrong with the RTS and DTR.

What is the default status of RTS and DTR?
Connecting both signals like it is descrived in the schematic prevents normal serial communication with Hyperterminal, for instance?

Thanks!