Current Lua downloadable firmware will be posted here

By cwilt
Ok, like what? What were you missing?

Are some modules required for use with other modules. For example, is SPI required for file.

Yes, definitely. I realized that many users commission several builds in quick succession and then won't have much clue as to what a particular binary contains when they get several success emails in quick succession.
For a moment I thought about letting users give their builds meaningful names but I believe just stating branch and selected modules in the success email is enough. Furthermore, the firmware filename should be something like '<branch>-<number-of-modules>-modules-[integer|float]-<hash>.bin' or so.

I renamed the files to <branch>-<date>-nodemcu-<integer/float>.bin
I would be happy with just an inclusion of the branch and modules selected in the email.
Perhaps attach the files to the email instead of a link.

I requested the same build on all 3 branches and can confirm that all binaries flashed with success. After loading I ran a gpio speed test to confirm it was running normally.
By marcelstoer
Are some modules required for use with other modules. For example, is SPI required for file.

That information isn't available anywhere yet. See https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-firmware/issues/386.

I renamed the files to <branch>-<date>-nodemcu-<integer/float>.bin

Yeah, including a timestamp might make sense.

Perhaps attach the files to the email instead of a link.

That I certainly won't do.

I requested the same build on all 3 branches and can confirm that all binaries flashed with success. After loading I ran a gpio speed test to confirm it was running normally.

Thanks for being so thorough. Good to know it all worked well for you.