Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By Polohpi
#23664 Hi all

Newbi on this forum, i hope that you can help me. The arduino forum doesn't help much ...

i'm working right now on a project to control a indoor garden by wifi with an arduino, some relays, a tft lcd and a esp 8266.

I would like to know oh i can read eeprom variables via wifi and an apllication on gtk+ with AT command. I don't know how to get comunication between the gtk+ app and the esp 8266 with the ip adress and all the stuff.

What do you think about this ?

Tanks ! :)
Paul
By tytower
#23685 I think you should read up a bit . The arduino may not be needed as the ESP8266 has stand alone qualities . Go to the Wiki on this page above (scroll up) and there are examples and notes there you may find useful
By Polohpi
#23751 yeah i know but i need a arduino board to control a lot a things. I know that the esp as its own program and i count on it. May be on version can help me. I hav not found something usefull on the web and on the wiki :/ sure that i miss something.
By tytower
#23752 " I would like to know oh i can read eeprom variables "- I may not be able to help you with gtk+ app but there are examples of EEPROM useage for ESP and for Arduino . Choose ESP board in IDE to look at those examples . They are there . Swap board to Arduino and those EEPROM examples appear there. I have not used them except to run the examples to see if they work,so I can't help further.