Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By igrr
#2831 I pulled your latest changes, did
Code: Select all./ct-ng xtensa-lx106-elf
./ct-ng build

but gdb gives me exactly the same error.
ls -l shows gdb was built today, so i'm probably not using an old binary.
Is there any "clean" that must to be done before ct-ng build? I don't think ct-ng stores intermediate files, so this should not be an issue.
By jcmvbkbc
igrr wrote:Is there any "clean" that must to be done before ct-ng build? I don't think ct-ng stores intermediate files, so this should not be an issue.

You need to "rebuild" and reinstall crosstool-ng itself so that it correctly got update to gdb script (make && make install), and then please remove .build/src, so that overlay got re-applied to gdb sources.
By igrr
#2837 Thanks, I missed the .build dir which was hidden due to a leading dot :)
I can now connect with gdb successfully. I'm setting the breakpoint at the user_init function, but it is never hit, this is why my printfs are never called.
I guess the execution is stuck somewhere in the actual main() before reaching user_init. Maybe there is code that waits for some hardware registers to come into proper state, which of course never happens.
Will try to supply my own main() without linking to espressif's libraries.

edit: I added my own call_user_init() entry point and removed the libraries (except c, hal, gcc). Now the entry point is called, and i get serial output.
Thanks!
Now to implement stack saving...
By Slaff
#9545 I was able to compile qemu but I do not know what to do next to compile and test my custom applications. Can someone give me step by step hints?

Thanks in advance
Slaff