Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Silux
#33800 I wish for some way to access analog sensors. The only significant advantage of an arduino nano over a nodemcu board is more analog pins.
The ESP8266 alone has just one analog pin, that is limited to 1v, which is far from useful for most applications.

Battery management would make it also way more useful as a "thing". I know that right now i can run the board with 3AA or a litium based battery, but there isn't a way to check battery voltage, or recharge it.
By vikingfr
#33809 VUSB already exist on Lolin board, very useful ! Lot of (arduino) sensors are still not 3.3V compliant.
Give 2 analog pins for A0: one direct connection (0-1V range), and the second one with voltage divisor (1-5V range). (or use 1 pin + jumper selection)
Use 800 mA or 1Amp 3.3V LDO (ESP use lot of current, neopixel use lot, rfid use lot, we need power !)
Create some shields/addon boards (like the arduino) for sensors board, battery board, ...
Integrate a PCF8591 could be a very good thing to build wireless sensors.