Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By rezjat
#40711 Hi, thanks for replying! Yes, I saw it was 1 year old, but still quite useful!

I tried following the "Installing with Boards Manager" instructions and installed ESP8266 from there. But again the same result. Missing components, being the fisrt compiling error again the missing "queue.h" (I managed to avoid the initial ESP8266WiFi.h missing error by copying the ESP8266WiFi library in the libraries directory).

So a little bit lost as I am not an expert on environments or programming... Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback!
Best regards.
By gerardwr
rezjat wrote:Hi, thanks for replying! Yes, I saw it was 1 year old, but still quite useful!

I tried following the "Installing with Boards Manager" instructions and installed ESP8266 from there. But again the same result. Missing components, being the fisrt compiling error again the missing "queue.h" (I managed to avoid the initial ESP8266WiFi.h missing error by copying the ESP8266WiFi library in the libraries directory).

So a little bit lost as I am not an expert on environments or programming... Anyway, thanks a lot for your feedback!
Best regards.

Hmmmmmm....
A standard install should be all that is required, no extra steps are required.

Is there an older install of THE Esp environment? I had Some trouble installing Arduino1.6.7 as an update To my old Arduino1.6.4 environment. THE compiler also complained about missing libraries that I knew were present.
By rezjat
#40743 Yes, it was apparently installed before, although I got the missing libraries error.
What did you do to solve the problem and get it compiled?

Thanks again!