Please read the contest rules prior to voting.

By RichardS
#40185 Stay tuned for more details and rules as this Contest unfolds.

What we know so far:

• Cash price for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of $1000, $500 and $250 USD an extra $250 onto these prizes if its open hardware / open software
  • Submissions will be accepted starting March 1st, 2016

Sponsored by: Image

Follow us on Twitter @esp8266com for more breaking news.
By RichardS
#42113 Voting Rules:

Voting starts at March 15th 11:59PM GMT-5

Please vote for your top 3 favorite ESP8266 Designs

All votes are hidden and will show 50% until end of voting period.

Each user can vote for 3 entries each.

Select 3 entries and press SUBMIT VOTE button.

You can change your vote while voting is in progress.

Voting is for Registered Users, if your registered before 2/29/2016 you can vote right away, if you registered after 2/29/2016 then you need to have 3 moderated posts to the community. I suggest that you view all the entries and ask questions to your top 3 picks in the corresponding topic, this would be an excellent way to get those 3 moderated posts! -

Entries are here viewforum.php?f=152

Voting is here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8832

Other rules:

Cash prizes are $1000 for First, $500 for Second, and $250 for Third. If your entry is open source then add $250 to the prize, for a possible grab at $2500 total.

Both hardware and software projects can be entered. Hardware must have ESP8266EX SoC onboard, and software projects must support the ESP8266 platforms.

Due to the overwhelming amount of applications we do ask for your application to be submitted in an email with attachments and not links to your information. We will use only the content of the email sent and attachments.

Submit your project by email complete with:
  • Full description of what you have done 250 words minimum.
  • parts list (if open source)
  • username on forum (email registered with that forum username will be used to communicate with you)
  • files of source code (if open source)
  • files of hardware design (if open source)
  • at least 3 images of the project
  • link to a youtube video if you have one (not required)
  • one link to your page where you might be hosting the project already

Submit your projects to 2016esp8266@gmail.com

Submissions are being received until midnight GMT-5 MARCH 13th 2016, one per person.

ESP8266.com will post these submissions to the ESP8266 Community Forum and will be shown randomly.

Voting will commence on March 16th at 11:59PM now, it was MARCH 14th 2016 at 11:59PM GMT-5 but we have had too many entrants and they are not all in the system yet.

Voting will run for 30 days, winners will be announced 2 days after the end of the voting.

All votes are hidden until winner announcements....

Only registered users can vote, registered user prior to FEBRUARY 29th 2016 can vote immediately, anyone registered after FEBRUARY 29th 2016 needs to have 3 moderated posts first to be able to vote.

Once voting begins users will be able to comment on your project and ask questions in your projects topic, this will be a free form discussion by all, we will moderate for any bad behavior.

We will use Twitter hash tag #2016esp8266 for this contest for all that want to follow and promote their project

Due to the fact this is the first time we have done this, rules may need to be changed based on unforeseen issues.
So rules will be subject to change as this is a learning curve for all!

Have fun!

PS. Not responsible for lost entries, typo's, spelling, or any edits of your entry once placed in the system.
By markus_b
#42168 I have a question concerning the rules:

- How far along should the project be ?
- Do I need a working prototype ?
- Just a breadboard setup OK ?

Markus
By calumk
#42169 I feel like the time-span is very short!
Only 12 days?
I was expecting at least a month....