Chat freely about anything...

By stevenvo
#42587 Uninstalling and reinstalling the embedXcode solved this issue. However, the source code in the ino file is not highlighted, it is treated as plain text file. What did I do wrong?
stevenvo wrote:Hi, I've encountered an error while using embedXcode for ESP8266, the compilation fails with error
Unknown board NodeMCUv2, any idea?
By JeJo
#42887 Hi,
I hade a similar problem. As far as I can tell the “unknown board” issue is linked to having the right IDE, board support files and so on installed.

In the Xcode project there is a group with “Makefiles” in this there is a file with name “About.mk” find your board in this file and install the versions listed.

This solved my “unknown board” issue with embedXcode.

In my case, but look in your installed template.
ESP8266_RELEASE = 2.0.0
ESPTOOLS_RELEASE = 0.4.6
EXTENSA_RELEASE = 1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2

Maybe you can change the version numbers to what you have installed on your machine. Haven’t tried that.
By JeJo
JeJo wrote:Hi,
I hade a similar problem. As far as I can tell the “unknown board” issue is linked to having the right IDE, board support files and so on installed.

In the Xcode project there is a group with “Makefiles” in this there is a file with name “About.mk” find your board in this file and install the versions listed.

This solved my “unknown board” issue with embedXcode.

In my case, but look in your installed template.
ESP8266_RELEASE = 2.0.0
ESPTOOLS_RELEASE = 0.4.6

Maybe you can change the version numbers to what you have installed on your machine. Haven’t tried that.

I have now tried to change the version in the "About.mk" file and it works. :)

So now I use this.
ARDUINO_CC_RELEASE = 1.6.7

ESP8266_RELEASE = 2.1.0
ESPTOOLS_RELEASE = 0.4.8

/JeJo