Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Warthog
#4333 Why have all ESP-x (x>1) 2mm headers? I think it would be great for the maker community if someone picks up the ESP03 or ESP-12 an could make a new layout with 2.54mm headers.
Only a suggestion to the chinese producer.. :ugeek:
By uhrheber
Warthog wrote:Why have all ESP-x (x>1) 2mm headers? I think it would be great for the maker community if someone picks up the ESP03 or ESP-12 an could make a new layout with 2.54mm headers.
Only a suggestion to the chinese producer.. :ugeek:

That's a good question. Even 1.27mm would have been much better, because you can get 1.27mm pitch breadboards everywhere.
I have some 2mm pitch breadboards, and they fit the ESP modules, but you can't put anything else with a standard pitch on it.

I guess they use 2mm because 2.54mm would waste board space, and 2mm is still hand solderable.
These modules are meant to be hand soldered onto much simpler carrier boards for wireless wall plugs, LED lamps, etc.
By Adex
#4961 I've used DIP40 precision socket with ESP8266 board and I got 2.54 adapter.