Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By russm
#54413 Doesn't look like much progress but the box is glued and I cut out lexan brackets to hold the meters in place using a groove at the front inside. I just painted the lexan front face plate and it is all just black so no picture. Biggest pain will be to create the single meter face across all the meters. Have update the individual ones (will look better than what's there now), combine them, and put onto better paper. Next picture should look much more completed.

By forlotto
#54414 Personally for myself I'd like a version where there is the separation between the meter face for the same reason we use a colon between time digits to indicate HH:MM:SS we are so used to this format these days that I have met people who have a hard time reading clocks that are not digital grown adults.
By russm
#54415 I'm shooting for this look, saw this when I was looking at cabinet styles and decided it was the one for me. Also would give my woodworking skills some exercise.

The meters have separation, just look like they are a single 3 meter device.

Gave the face plate a second coat of paint and it covered up the marks from the razor I used to keep the meter face mask (i.e. keep it clear). Tomorrow I'll take the mask off and post a picture, even if I don't complete the stain and polyurethane.
By forlotto
#54416 hrmmm wow that does look rather good amazing I like being wrong gives you a new flavor and lets you know just how much you do not picture in your minds eye at times. The only oddity I will say about that example is the clock is quite a bit errr... off center top and bottom a more centered bezel would possibly look better hard to say really. I've had family members that made some rather interesting clocks out of different thing one of the coolest my family made was out of a turtle shell coated heavily in laquer very neat clock while it was a basic 2 handed clock it was a complete new take on things.

How about an am/pm indicator or day of the week for the retired folks :P