Chat freely about anything...

By Sbraaa
#46044 Recently I bought the ai-thinker ESP12 wifi dev board but the iot app doesn't seems to run!
I removed the flash mode jumper then power on the board using some batteries.
THe power microled became red (not blue as shown in many picture found in internet) and the rgb leb became green.
My Nexus 5 with android 6.0.1 found a new ap: AI-THINKER 06D098. I choose it but no password is asked.. it just said that this ap has no internet connection (that could be right because the baord doesn't know which is my SSID and the relative pwd).
I have installed the Iot demo app 2.0 from android play store then I launch it.
I guess that now I could control the gpios, the rgb led, etc. but I can't! The app sometimes say "no valid answer received".
I've also tried to config the wifi connection from the app settings but nothing change... anyone could help me, please?
thank you in advance!
By scribley9
#57389 Researching a bit further I found a different set of instructions for setting up this module that include a step for updating the firmware in the ESP8266 - it makes sense to me that this would resolve the issue. It does have the effect of moving the device from a 'plug and play intro to ESP8266' to a more involved starter project involving flashing and installing new files. The unedited text is pasted here ...

Using steps:
1.Install IOT.APK into your mobile phone
2.Using ESP8266FLASHER download software and update the firmware into the module
3.Put on the AA battery, using mobile phone search network AI-THINKER
4.Add the router password: ai-thinker
5.After all succeeded you can use your mobile phone to control this module
Please note:
Step 1 :it doesn't need any router, the mobile phone can directly control the module
Step 2 :You can use the mobile phone WIFI control module
Step 3 :Once the module is mounted to the server, the mobile phone can use 2G 3G 4G network flow control the module
All the above steps finished,then:
Using mobile phone directly control the module AP, then control dimming switch IO
Or based the step 1 , enter the configuration menu, also can enter the home network
Once the module connect to your home network successfully, the module will automatically mount to the Server
Features for ESP-12 Module:
LWIP protocol
Support three modes: AP, STA, AP + STA
Model:ESP8266 ESP-12
ISM 2.4GHz
PA+25dBm
802.11b/g/n
Size: 24*16mm
U3010-ESP-1.jpg