As the title says... Chat on...

By sej7278
#5747 i copied the two simcall header files to /opt/xtensa-lx106-elf/lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/include/xtensa (had to "mkdir xtensa" first as it doesn't exist) in the lubuntu vm and compiled nodemcu and its different to my debian desktop, but still has the same problems with reboots etc.

lubuntu 32-bit vm:
Code: Select allls -lh | awk '{print $5" "$9}' | column -t
354K  eagle.app.flash.bin
7.1M  eagle.app.v6.dump
53K   eagle.app.v6.flash.bin
290K  eagle.app.v6.irom0text.bin
8.2M  eagle.app.v6.S

debian jessie 64-bit:
Code: Select all354K  eagle.app.flash.bin
7.2M  eagle.app.v6.dump
52K   eagle.app.v6.flash.bin
290K  eagle.app.v6.irom0text.bin
8.3M  eagle.app.v6.S

i tried to compare the esp-open-sdk toolchain with what's on the vm and they're pretty different - certainly the headers are in different include directories, and the open toolchain is missing the xcc stuff and by default doesn't have the xt-* tools as symlinks:

Code: Select allxt-addr2line         ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-addr2line
xt-ar                ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-ar
xt-as                ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-as
xt-c++filt           ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-c++filt
xtensa-lx106-elf-cc  ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc
xt-gprof             ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-gprof
xt-ld                ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-ld
xt-nm                ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-nm
xt-objcopy           ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy
xt-objdump           ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump
xt-ranlib            ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-ranlib
xt-readelf           ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-readelf
xt-size              ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-size
xt-strings           ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-strings
xt-strip             ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-strip
xt-xc++              ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-cpp
xt-xcc               ->  xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc

so definitely the only way to compile nodemcu at the moment is espressif's windows xp vm, which is all in chinese, unlicensed and has some weird flexlm server, and closed tools, yuck. certainly not a maintainable system to base a product on. has anyone got anything to build in the lubuntu vm that's more advanced than just at/Iot_demo ?
By RogerClark
#5798 I still can't get LUA to build under the Lubuntu VM, but everything else I have tried under the VM has been ok.

The esphttpd builds ok after you change the make file, for the one from the blinks example.
Some other code I downloaded from GitHub which sends sensor data to a remote server, works ok.

I need to get around to installing the Visual Studio way of doing it on the PC, as it should be a much better development experience if it all plays nicely together
By alonewolfx2
#5799 I was downloaded zeroday's lubuntu vm and I can compile. It seems working now with file app. . But webserver examples not working. I don't know why.
By sej7278
alonewolfx2 wrote:I was downloaded zeroday's lubuntu vm and I can compile. It seems working now with file app. . But webserver examples not working. I don't know why.

because the lubuntu vm doesn't work. sure it compiles, but nothing that comes out of it is usable.