Post about your Basic project here

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Luc Volders
#58961 I wonder what everyone is using as a casing for his/hers projects.

I just made a casing for a NodeMCU which is as small as is possible:

and then I saw the most cute casing on Adafruit:
https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-commodo ... led-matrix

I just had to try it and it works.
Reminds me of my early programming days when I was the proud owner of a Commodore PET (I still have it).

So now I am thinking of scaling this casing up, placing an Oled screen in the display and some Neopixels up front. I'll add a Dallas 18B20, a buzzer and some leds and have all I/O pins accessible from the outside. Would make a great experimenters kit, or even a gift for the upcoming season......

Oh, I bought 8 kilo pink PLA for a fantastic low price (below 20 USD). However now I need to print most of my projects in pink......

Luc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Luc Volders
#59474 Well I decided to go along with thius project and here it is:

[img]
petcomputer.jpg
[/img]

So it looks like an old PET computer. In the display is an Oled screen (0.96 inch) placed and a strip of 8 neo-pixels.
In the front are 4 switches. They are attached to the 4 leds you can see above the switches, and when switched they connect 4 i/o lines to a connector for an external attachment. This way I can still attach 4 relay's, servo's, switches etc etc etc.

This is great for prototyping and looks good.

Luc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Luc Volders on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By forlotto
#59985 image did not show in second posting.