Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By BOOM electronic
#65456 Hello to all,
I am new on the forum and fairly new to the esp8266... But I am a big basic fan and have learned to put in use this interpreter fast... Just want to say, great work by MMISCOOL... I have just one question... Is there any way to protect basic software inside ESP, besides turning off editor line? Or can it be added? Something like option to disable all ways to read basic soft inside ESP... So it must be errased and flashed again to be able to use it again...

Thank you all for any reply,
Slavko
BOOM electronic
By Mmiscool
#65845 You can disable the menu bar from the settings page and also ad a log in key.

There is really no way to 100% protect program for the esp written in any language as the SPI flash chip is external to the processor and is not encrypted.
By BOOM electronic
#68465 Hello again and thank's for answer,
but I mean, is it possible to make disabling menu permanent thing? Because, now if I disable menue, it is not visible, but if you add "/edit" to the end of esp addres, it is visible again.
Is there a way for you to change that, or to add new feature, so when menu if off, there is no way to read basic soft thru explorer, even if we enter complete address, like 192.168.4.1/edit
That would make great difference to the security....

Thank you in advance for all youre effort
Slavko
By Mmiscool
#68487 If you set a log in key those pages will prompt for a password to access them.