Chat freely about anything...

By gregware
#6673 Following some discussion threads, I had a closer look at the 3 ESP-07 that I got in the mail recently (all 3 auctionned from arduinoworld vendor on eBay).

ESP-07 are the version with 2mm pitch notches, shielded ICs, ceramic antenna, and antenna socket.

But it seems like there are two flavors, a 14-pin one, and a 16-pin one. I was lucky to get the 16-pin ones although the vendor's picture showed the 14 pins one.
The 16 pins one has ADC pin breakout too.

Another advantage is that the new ESP-07 has both side notches and tiny soldering holes so even without a backboard it is rather easy to 'integrate'

I would say that 16-pin 'new' ESP-07 will be my favourite version, given it runs for about the same price, has LEDs outside the shield (which old ESP-07 or equivalent unshielded ESP-11 do not)

Greg
By cendev
#6674 hi greg,

I've just recieved my 16pin with blue led but looks like i have some connection issues.. like no connection at all :D

i looked around to find issues like mine for 16pin esp but no success. can you give some tips for the pinout for flashing? looks like there is not an at firmware and i also can't get the gibberrish chars :/

Edit : Btw i hope the new ones that you mentioned has blue power leds like mine, your previous topic was about the red power led ones =)
By per
#6679 You can have a look at this post
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1094

I have ESP-07 modules with 16 pins but the power led is red. The gibberish is probably the boot serial and that is 74880 baud and if you do not have GPIO15 grounded then that is all the module will do.

have a try!
By cendev
per wrote:You can have a look at this post
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1094

I have ESP-07 modules with 16 pins but the power led is red. The gibberish is probably the boot serial and that is 74880 baud and if you do not have GPIO15 grounded then that is all the module will do.

have a try!

Thanks but still nothing :/

To make things more clear, My problem is my module never transmits.. not even the gibberish :/ I've tried different pinouts still no response..

GND -> GND + GPIO15
3.3v -> VCC + CH_PD
RX -> TX TX-> RX

also tried GND ->gpio0 and 3.3V-> gpio2 both set to GND and still no response :/ my module has a blue power led :/

btw tried to get bootloader stuff on 74k , and 115k 9k nothing :(