Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By lucwuyts
viktak wrote:What a pity. Anyway, Thanks for your efforts, I'll try to get it to work and report back.

Also, can you point me to some other resources where I can find some working examples so that I can better understand the "little bugger"?

Did you solve this problem?
I started only today with the tools, and i had the same error.
It seemed the SDK referenced in espmake.sh was not the sdk i downloaded.
By martinayotte
viktak wrote:First I did what you suggested, same result. Then I looked up my directory structure and found that the missing file is not in the location you showed, but in "/opt/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.3/include". Changing $PATH to include this, however, still produces the same error as in the original post.
I double checked if $PATH is correct, and it seems so:
Code: Select allviktor@Satellite-A300D /opt/Espressif/source-code-examples/blinky $ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/opt/Espressif/ESP8266_SDK/esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.3/include

And yes, I rebooted the computer every time I changed $PATH.

Any further ideas?

Don't confuse between $PATH (which is for binaries) and $INCLUDE (which is for includes of courses).
The $INCLUDE definition is somewhere in your Makefiles or batch scripts.
(BTW, all those mecanics are not related to ESP8266, but with any compilers, either GCC or others)
By jonex
#6726 I followed the same tutorial and got the same message. I managed to solve it though. For me it due to the the command
Code: Select allmv esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.3 ESP8266_SDK

I used autocomplete since I uused a newer version of the sdk and accidentally ran the following instead
Code: Select allmv esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.4 ESP8266_SDK/

Which moved the folder into the ESP8266_SDK rather than renaming it.