Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By mamalala
#734 Hi,

attached are updated Makefiles, one for the AT and one for IOT firmware. Basically they are the same, just added the extra libs and stuff to the variables in the IOT version.

I have made a few changes. First of all, the // is gone and replaced by a single /. The command-echo is now disabled and replaced by a short "what i'm doing now" output. A new variable, EXTRA_INCDIR, was added. Add any directories that contain include files which are not in the MODULES directories there. Additionally, the include search path is now extended to look for includes in "include" subdirectories of the MODULES. For example, with the "driver user" modules, it now also looks into "driver/include" and "user/include". This should help to organize the code tree a bit better.

Needless to say, what i gave in the README was just an example. No need reorg into only two directories. Just add whatever directories (and subdirectories thereof) you have in your local project structure and add those to the MODULES variable.

NOTE: Updated files are at http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=142&start=20#p772

Greetings,

Chris
Last edited by mamalala on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RichardS
#735 Try and keep the design down to the same signals that are on the Adruinio type USB to serial adapters, DTR and ?? drawing a blank, could be your RTS....

Richard.
By mamalala
admin wrote:Try and keep the design down to the same signals that are on the Adruinio type USB to serial adapters, DTR and ?? drawing a blank, could be your RTS....

Richard.

Well, there are only three signals going _out_ of a standard serial port: TX, DTR and RTS. Some cheap USB adapters expose the latter two, others don't. Doesn't matter much anyways, as there will of course be an option to not use them at all, and instead do it the manual way.

Greetings,

Chris
By RichardS
#737 Cool just a thought.... yes your right only 3.... I do not deal with the handshake lines often so.....

Yes the order of the Arduino type programmers is:

GND
nCTS
VCC
TX
RX
nDRT

Richard.