So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Bogus Exception
#74673 Experts,

That probably is a horrible one-liner. Allow me to elaborate...

I am trying to offload processing for my little app from the PC to the sensor(as it were), connected via USB. Can 2+ ESP8266 modules be used to split up a repetitive job, say via a for/foreach loop? Because these are compute nodes (@160MHz), not concerned with the WiFi (turned off), but connected together in one enclosure, I'm thinking about whether the gain in single/chunk processing is worth the cost of communication (even though pin-2-pin).

There is a high cost for FFT processing when the loop has other math functions, like sorting, and making the audio analysis more detailed with a higher # of channels. I want to add more logic to the sensor's load, as the PC side as a receiver takes over 10% CPU just to receive the signal, before any kind of logging/processing.
The ESP8266 chips are a great alternative to the STM32F1 cheapies, too-especially for their size & cost. I don't see anyone talking about clusters of farms in this fashion, so thanks for any notions!

The question is, would splitting the load be practical in trying to capture as many samples/second and possible?

TIA!