So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Marco Gallinari
trackerj wrote:You can find below a lot of details about

thank you trackerj, I did miss some of the posts you linked, now things makes more sense to me, especially about LSB calibration.

btidey wrote:As you say the multimeter is the key here

thanks btidey. Sorry to bother on this matter, cause i'm a real newbie at this... i'm just wondering how to evaluate current flowing in the circuit.
Should I read milliampere values at Vin of every component of the circuit, and would that value represent that module consumption?
I'll receive a new multimeter in a couple of days (atually i'm using a very cheap one, i'm upgrading to a decent one). I'll post results once done.

btidey wrote:Some 18650 batteries can be fake and have much lower capacity than the normal 2500mAh capacity.

I suspected that... I'll test the circuit with my ecig battery (a 3000mAh sony VTC6).
To check actual battery capacity, I'm studying a proper way of measuring it with a known load as you said.
Do you have any hint on how to do it safely?

Thank you!
By Marco Gallinari
#74841 Update: I supposed the battery was discharged when prototype stopped working after 12 hours, but I was wrong.

I mindlessly forgot to check battery voltage, and it was around 3.9v so that wasn't the cause.

When I detached and reattached the battery, prototype started working again for 10 hours before stopping again.

I suspect the circuit is missing some pullup resistors on ESP pins, probably on the RST / GPIO16 bridge, and the device is not getting back from deep sleep.

Am I right? Is this a best practice to preserve endurance?