Post topics, source code that relate to the Arduino Platform

By TechChevy
#76033 I accidently used the wrong command to change the baud rate of the ESP and I have tried flashing the newest firmware to it several times and it keeps giving me a connection failed when I run it at 9600 115200 and I forget what the third rate I used. Is there any other way to recover them or am I just out of luck? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
By QuickFix
#76041 I'm pretty sure most bricked ESP's can be recovered, but I would take out any uncertainties (like a Nano) out of the equation. :idea:

If you must use an ESP as a module instead of experimenting with a development board (which are equally cheap by the way), make sure you use a proper programming adapter, like this one: Image
Note: I've modified above adapter and added a RESET-button for easy of use.

Also, see this topic.
The Baud rate of an ESP at boot is 74880 BTW. :!:
By TechChevy
#76066 I will order one and hopefully recover the device. I looked at the flashing software and it doesn't have that baud rate listed as one to communicate with it. Is there anything else that I could try in the mean time while I am waiting for the adapter to arrive?
By QuickFix
#76075 74880 is the default baud rate for the ESP in run-mode (= non-flash mode).

You can see if the ESP does anything at all, by connecting its TX to the RX of an RS232 (TTL-level) port (via a USB adapter) of a PC.
Also pull-up CH_PD, RESET (and optionally GPIO0 and GPIO2) to high using resistors.
Fire up a terminal program like PuTTY, set it to 74880 Baud on the used COM-port.
Next power up the ESP (3.3V@ >= 0,5A to VCC and 0V to GND)

If all's well (and the ESP is still working), you should see some boot-message appear on the terminal screen.
Code: Select allets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:?, boot mode:(?,?)
(The question marks return the reset/boot codes)