Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By McChubby007
Maria Sierra wrote:I try with other module and it works...
So the current module is definitively broken but once again i did not understand why the module works at higher supply voltage...

As much as it is always satisfying to solve a mystery, we can all be sure that what you wired was wrong and now you know the correct wiring - it may have been to blame or perhaps, who knows, some other random other fault. I've been an engineer for many years and sometimes you just have to move-on; you are otherwise just wasting your own time on 'what ifs'.
It is also worth remembering about the 'divide-and-conquer' approach to fault finding to swap out sub-components until you find the faulty item; although it is not very scientific it does get you up and running quickly and/or when all else fails to find the problem. You then have the choice/luxury of further diagnosis or just throw the item away. Whenever I buy components I generally buy 2 or 3 of each to ensure I can do this. Obviously this only works if the items are affordable.
By QuickFix
Maria Sierra wrote:i did not understand why the module works at higher supply voltage...

I can go to a rock concert and listen to the music right next to the 130dB loudspeakers, but it won't do any good to my hearing.

Same goes for electronics. :idea:
By McChubby007
QuickFix wrote:
Maria Sierra wrote:i did not understand why the module works at higher supply voltage...

I can go to a rock concert and listen to the music right next to the 130dB loudspeakers, but it won't do any good to my hearing.

Same goes for electronics. :idea:

Do you think that's why all my engineering/project managers have been deaf?