Chat freely about anything...

By Cicero
PuceBaboon wrote:
Cicero wrote:I'm working on the standard SDK, and seeing an issue with UDP multicast messages not being received after around 4mins, more specifically about 4:20 - 4:40sec.

I also had (have!) problems when routing traffic via a secondary, OpenWrt router (a little TP-Link WN703R v1). The ARP cache entry on the target server times out and I lose connectivity after a few minutes. It's not just multicast or UDP though, it's the whole shebang. It only seems to be that particular router (so I configure my ESPs to use the others).

Yeah, its really is frustrating these kinds of issues, as you often never know whether its your code or your upstream equipment - and if you're like me I always suspect my code first and equipment later to my detriment sometimes.

In this case my ESP's dont ever lose connection, its just the multicast UDP data that just stops. I also dont have another router to check with though...right now anyway.
By Cicero
#78174 Quick update: Finally managed to find time to get back to this after months of a different project taking up my time....

I loaded onto forkineye's https://github.com/forkineye/E131 library and loaded up its Arduino test script onto my ESP. Comms also cut out after 4m30s - pointing to my router as the culprit as many had suggested.

Some further googling, and unchecking "Disable IGMP Proxying" seems to have fixed it with my Netgear DGN2200v4.