Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By MasterFX
#77655 I've been running into a problem on my very simple webinteface (see attachment).
All my data is on my SPIFFS file System.
If I open any file (e.g. http://192.168.0.120/xyz.bmp) which is bigger than > ~20 kB the android device with Chrome 68 (and less) it doesn't load the page. If I load the same address with an ~80 kB File on PC (with Chrome 68 or Edge) everthing seems to be fine (load time about 390ms according to Chrome DevTools).
On an Android device it loads forever. I have an Terminal output for Request "handleFileRead" and "Sent file: xyz". And I can see that the "Sent file" output take way more longer when I open up the page with the android device.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By MasterFX
#77681 Okay I just added "Serial.println(String("\tSent size: ") + sent);"
When I load the image from PC I get
handleFileRead: /test.bmp
Sent file: /test.bmp
Sent size: 90054

And from Android:
handleFileRead: /test.bmp
Sent file: /test.bmp
Sent size: 2920

2920 is 2x 1460 which is the MTU. Do we have a bug here?
By MasterFX
#77683 interestingly it works with 2,3,0 even if it is much slower. The main difference seems to be;
2.3.0: return _currentClient.write(file, HTTP_DOWNLOAD_UNIT_SIZE);
2.4.1: return _currentClient.write(file);

Whereas HTTP_DOWNLOAD_UNIT_SIZE = 1460. Why it has been deleted? Well it seems to be faster when MTU is higher, but who cares if it isn't working on every device?