Chat freely about anything...

By lucasromeiro
QuickFix wrote:Simply put: never question the designers guidelines provided by a manufacturer of a module. :idea:

Yes, an ESP might run on 5V but yes, it will eventually self destruct because of it.
Yes, you might want to ignore some antenna recommendations in a development phase but yes, it will eventually hit you in the face when production has already started.

Maybe a small primer on antenna design might give you some insight on why antennas are designed the way they are.

If you have the possibility, you could also opt for an ESP-07S, which is identical to the ESP-12, with the difference that it has a connector for an external antenna.

Hi, I'm not doubting the manufacturer. I'm sure he's correct and I should follow the guidelines, just like everything else we do.
But in my case I have little space and I can not follow what they recommend.
But since I've never done anything without following this rule, I'm not sure what effects they'll have ... If I'm going to lose a lot of wifi or just dim the signal a bit. for example.

Thanks for the tips and willingness to help me!

I really liked the link on the antennas, I'll read it more calmly to understand it well.

As for the ESP-07S does not have 4M flash. And the case of the board does not have space for an external antenna.
But it was a great idea!
It will probably serve me here on another project.

TKS for you help!
By rudy
#77837 I know the ESP-07 only has 512K but I think the ESP-07S has 4M. I didn't mention either one, although the antenna on the ESP-07 is supposed to be more immune to external affects of conductive bodies.

I used the ESP-07 in one hand held remote. Due to the layout the ESP module is mostly surrounded by my hand when I use it. Not very good for RF signal. But considering the size and form factor, I had no other choice.
Attachments
ESPsmall.jpg
By lucasromeiro
rudy wrote:I know the ESP-07 only has 512K but I think the ESP-07S has 4M. I didn't mention either one, although the antenna on the ESP-07 is supposed to be more immune to external affects of conductive bodies.

I used the ESP-07 in one hand held remote. Due to the layout the ESP module is mostly surrounded by my hand when I use it. Not very good for RF signal. But considering the size and form factor, I had no other choice.

Cool your project. It was very good inside that box!
Did you make the box at home or had it manufactured?
Mine will be something similar, but I have less space.
I have to do the best with the little space I have.
A Chinese manufacturer will develop the holes and silkscreen in the box.
Attachments
0FCD66E4-8764-4498-B62B-46DAC85F25D5.jpg
By rudy
#77844 I had bought those boxes from Aliexpress. Not from this seller. I have black, creamy white, and white white of those boxes.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 63445.html

I wanted to make a remote control that was larger but I didn't have a display to fit the enclosure sizes I had. (I'm have ordered a 3D printer two weeks ago) I had the oled display and I looked at my stock of boxes to find something that fit. And it was near perfect. I also had some batteries that would fit. I also put a vibrator because I could. I started to design a circuit board to replace the hand wiring, but I have been too busy to work on that project. With a circuit board I could make it all smaller, but it is a decent size right now. If it were much smaller it would be harder to use.