Chat freely about anything...

By lucasromeiro
rudy wrote:I had bought those boxes from Aliexpress. Not from this seller. I have black, creamy white, and white white of those boxes.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 63445.html

I wanted to make a remote control that was larger but I didn't have a display to fit the enclosure sizes I had. (I'm have ordered a 3D printer two weeks ago) I had the oled display and I looked at my stock of boxes to find something that fit. And it was near perfect. I also had some batteries that would fit. I also put a vibrator because I could. I started to design a circuit board to replace the hand wiring, but I have been too busy to work on that project. With a circuit board I could make it all smaller, but it is a decent size right now. If it were much smaller it would be harder to use.

I also bought mine on aliexpress. They are great boxes.
Some vendors have cut and paint service in the boxes to customize. You look professional and beautiful, I'm going to test this service on this product!

A larger control would fit better in the hand and would have a bigger battery and more space for buttons.
But it was cool, it fit everything very well in this box.
A circuit board would look cleaner and more professional. But inside the box no one can see the wires.

In my case, it is an automation product, how much smaller, better and cheaper because it will be easier to be hidden inside a wall outlet for example.
This question of antenna interference that worries me a bit.

What do you work with, Rudy?
I know you're experienced, we've talked before here.
By rudy
#77852 I work at a small electronic manufacturing company, about 20 people. I am one of two people doing electronic hardware design. We have four programmers that do firmware and software. We mainly produce products revolving around ventilation control for barns. (most of our income) We also do other custom design and manufacturing not related to our core business. I have been here for 21 years, previously I worked at a smaller electronic manufacturer for 12 years doing some designing and some production work.
By lucasromeiro
rudy wrote:I work at a small electronic manufacturing company, about 20 people. I am one of two people doing electronic hardware design. We have four programmers that do firmware and software. We mainly produce products revolving around ventilation control for barns. (most of our income) We also do other custom design and manufacturing not related to our core business. I have been here for 21 years, previously I worked at a smaller electronic manufacturer for 12 years doing some designing and some production work.

Nice. I thought you were quite experienced. Always helps in posts. I also work with electronics and programming, less time, but it's something I love to do.
Thank you for your help.
I hope we can help each other more often.