Chat freely about anything...

By prashantrockz
#58157 I have created a soft AP with ESP8266 to which I'm connecting through android 6.0 marshmallow mobile. After connecting I get a notification on mobile stating "Wifi has no internet access" if I ignore it and open a browser window to open my web server page or use a custom built app to communicate with ESP web server no request is processed by ESP8266. However everything works fine after I click on stay connected option "Yes" in that notification. I'm trying to avoid any manual operation by user thus trying to fix it programatically.
Is it possible to use an ESP as a router AP without internet access and connect to it using an android app without dealing with this notification manually.

Update: If I connect to this AP via custom built app programatically, this notification does not appear and all communication to ESP remain blocked by android.

ESP code:
WiFiServer server(80);
WiFi.softAP("ssid", "password");
IPAddress myIP = WiFi.softAPIP();
Serial.print("AP IP address: ");
Serial.println(myIP);
server.begin();
delay(500);
Serial.println("Server started");
Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());
By apicquot
#78193 I have problem connecting to the AP with api28 / P 9.0 version of android: I can connect if I turn off the cellular data of the phone and I can not connect if the cellular data is on: I guess android is trying to connect to the cellular data when no internet available on WiFi (which is of course the case for an AP...) Still haven't figure out a way to make it work without tuning off the cellular data of the phone. I tried to play with mdns of the esp8266 but I don't think it is the problem as it should anyway connect when giving the ip address of the AP.

It works no problem on a iphone that seems to try to ccnect first on wifi regardless of internet or not on the WiFi.